Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Joystiq hands-on: Call of Duty 4 single-player (360, PC, PS3)

Filed under: , , , , , ,

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, literally rocks with action. In an early stage, a freight ship that you siege pitches and rolls, like a giant movie set-piece. While playing a close-to-shipping version of the title, I felt like the action game used these special-effect focal points to drive its frenzied pace and huge scope.

Because of the "modern" setting, I had assumed I'd be plodding slowly with a squad of soldiers, tactically (and tactfully) knocking on doors to root out bad guys. And while there are sometimes AI-teammate elements, I never felt like I had to slow down and proceed with caution. Instead, I often had to speed up and dive for cover; depending on the situation, snipers, RPGs, and essentially armies of enemies are firing at you at the same time.

Continue reading Joystiq hands-on: Call of Duty 4 single-player (360, PC, PS3)

Permalink | Email this | Comments

[via] Joystiq

No comments: